Privacy Statement and GDPR
Collection of information:
Now Book It collects information about you in 3 different ways:
- Making a booking via one of our participating restaurants:When you make a booking at any restaurant using Now Book It, we will ask you to provide certain information about yourself. This information may include name, mailing address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card number, and the name of the restaurant at which you wish to make a reservation. Our partner venues will collect personal information such as this only when it has been voluntarily provided by you.
- Purchasing a Gift Card via one of our participating restaurants:When you purchase a Gift Card from one of the participating restaurants web sites via Now Book It, Our partner venues collect contact information such as your name, mailing address, credit card information and e-mail address.
- Cookies/IP Addresses:Now Book It’s primary website, nowbookit.com does not collect permanent cookies.
Now Book It and our partner venues collect information about individuals using the Now Book It™ widget and via the Now Book It website through Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. An IP address is a number that is unique to the computer through which you are connected to the Internet. The Now Book It™ website also use “cookies” to assign identification to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies allow a website to store and reference specific types of information while you are visiting it, and to keep your session “live” when you are logged in. Now Book It cookies contain no financial information. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, although your browser preferences may be changed to prevent this if you so desire. Please see www.cookiecentral.com for further information.
Use of information by Now Book It™
We Now Book It, provide a service whereby, if you make a reservation in restaurant, you will receive emails or SMS messages in relation to your reservation from the venue you made the reservation with, via our services. This is only in relation to your reservation that you have made, we do not communicate with you in any other manner.
We do not send marketing material or bulk emails on behalf of the restaurants.
If you are receiving emails or are on a mail list specific to a venue you have made a reservation with, in the past – you will need to contact them directly to ask to me removed from their lists.
- The information collected via Now Book It is in order to provide you with a seamless booking experience and is relied upon by specific services in relation to your reservations. For example, contact information (eg. name, address and credit card information), can be used to provide you with, and/or bill you for, any transactions made directly with our integrated services via one of our participating restaurants. (note: you will not be able to use such services without providing this information).
- This information may also be used to improve marketing efforts and services of the venues in which you made the reservations with, analyse site usage and customise our website’s content and layout.
- Our partner venues using integrated services may notify you in relation to your reservations (via e-mail and SMS) of the status of your reservation, changes to the reservation, special offers, restaurant updates, discounts, and new products and services related to the restaurants that you have purchased from or made a reservation at. If you do not wish to receive these communications from a participating restaurant please contact them directly.
Who will see or have access to your information?
Now Book It may disclose to third parties aggregate anonymous statistics regarding our customers, sales, traffic analyses and other information regarding or collected through our websites and printed forms. Other than in this anonymous form, we will not disclose your personal information without first obtaining your permission except as follows:
- Now Book It may disclose personal information if required by law or legal process.
- Now Book It may disclose your personal information to third parties providing, or assisting us in providing, services requested by you, and for billing purposes.
- Now Book It may disclose your personal information provided voluntarily as part of the restaurant booking or purchasing process to the restaurant you purchased or booked at.
Now Book It processes online customer orders and collects and stores personally identifiable information using industry standard secure encryption technology. This technology encrypts the information you input before it is sent to us via the Internet. In addition, all of the customer information we collected on our website is stored on Now Book It Pty Ltd’s host server which is located in a restricted access area and is password protected.
Links to other sites: ads
You may at any time, request that we amend or delete your personal information from our database by emailing us, with the name of the venue that you interacted with and the information you want to amend or delete. If you need us to delete, correct or amend this data, we will do so within 30 days.